Terms and Conditions
- The E.J Lancasters Ltd (trading as Lancasters Home & Garden) Terms and Conditions of Sale shall apply and be incorporated into all Contracts for the purchase of Goods made via this website, please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing an Order. Your particular attention is drawn to Conditions of delivery & refund.
- Capitalised expressions used on this page shall bear the meaning set out in the Terms and Conditions of Sale unless the context requires otherwise.
- The provisions below in respect of Orders, Delivery and Returns are extra, more specific provisions in respect of purchases of Goods made via this website and are incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of Sale. In the case of conflict these provisions will be the ones to apply to your Contract, so please also read these sections carefully before placing your Order.
- A standard delivery charge of £4.99 is applied to regular orders. Gift Card orders sent via post have their own delivery charge of £2.00. Delivery is free when spending over £60 in a single transaction.
- Prices shown include VAT and are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP). All payments are to be made in advance of delivery/service by debit, credit card or Paypal.
- Only one Gift Card (digital) may be used per Order, and must be used prior to its expiry date.
- The price displayed on the website may be lower than the price quoted if ordering via phone or in-store.
- Changes to your order. If you wish to make a change to the Product you have ordered please contact us by telephone or email. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract.
- Orders placed under the minimum purchase amount (£30 excluding delivery) will be cancelled & refunded, unless you are informed otherwise by a member of our staff.
- Standard/Free delivery allows specific date selection during checkout, unless otherwise stated within the product description.
- If you are purchasing as a Consumer you agree that it is not essential the Goods will be delivered within the selected period. If we have refused to deliver the Goods for a reason other than:
a) an event beyond our reasonable control - Force Majeure Event - as described in this article;
b) a failure by you to notify us of vehicle access restriction
then you may cancel your Order straight away or you can give us a new deadline for delivery.
- If we do not deliver within the selected working day period for the reasons listed above, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your Order if we do not meet the new deadline.
- Deliveries are made Monday to Saturday between 8.00 a.m. and 6.00p.m. We do not offer delivery on Sunday or Bank Holidays unless arranged via phone/in-store.
- The areas we deliver to can be found on our delivery info page and during checkout.
- You should notify us at the time of the Order of any vehicle access restrictions or issues that may prevent us from safely delivering your Order. A charge may be made to you for non-delivery or re-delivery of your order.
- Goods supplied in 50kg open sacks will be tipped by the delivery driver into a suitable storage container such as a coal bunker. Open sacks are reusable and will not be left at your property.
- If a Force Majeure Event occurs Condition 19 or the Terms and Conditions of Sale shall apply.
- Our aim is to follow any delivery instructions supplied at the time of placing the Order. Almost all of our items are delivered to your back garden or inside your home. Items not available for in-house or back garden delivery are Turf, Bulk Bagged Items & others listed as such on the product page. However, in certain circumstances, where delivery is made, is at the discretion of the driver making the delivery.
- If you have asked to collect the Product from our store, you can collect them at any time during the working hours. Our working hours can be found here.
- Should you fail to collect a perishable product (Lawn Turf) within the agreed/chosen time, without sufficient notice, a refund will not be possible.
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact us within 14 days of delivery for a refund. Goods should be returned in original packaging and condition. We will arrange with you for collection of the Goods. Faulty items will be collected free of charge. Unwanted items can be returned but will incur a standard delivery charge.
- You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after the Goods have been received. To cancel you must inform us of your decision to cancel by a clear statement via telephone, letter, e-mail or in-store.
- If you cancel your Order we will refund in full, including any delivery costs you have paid.
- If you return or cancel your Order we will process your refund:
a) within 14 days of the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b) If there were no Goods supplied, within 14 days from when we are informed about your decision to cancel.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss of value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment that you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
- We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the Goods we may refund you in vouchers.
Informational pages presented on our website are provided with good intent. Please be aware that whilst all claims are made to the best of our knowledge, some may be unsubstantiated. Before acting on information we supply, we always recommend that personal decisions are best made after acquiring information from a range of expert sources.
After Sales Service
We are pleased to assist all customers both before and after they have received the Goods Ordered. Please contact us for advice or information about any Goods or Services that we supply.
We have a dedicated complaints team. If you wish to make a complaint, please do so via email to email@example.com. We will endeavor to resolve your complaint within 7 working days.
- The Perishable Products are highly perishable and are likely to deteriorate rapidly once harvested in fulfilment of your order.
- If the Perishable Products are not laid promptly in accordance with the instructions given to you by us (for example, in accordance with the Lawn Laying Video & Lawn Care Guide, available on the Site) the Perishable Products may deteriorate.
- Due to the perishable nature of the Perishable Products we recommend you order the Perishable Products for the day you intend to lay them.
- Perishable Products are living product grown outside in varying soil conditions. As such their appearance can be noticeably different in response to these conditions, weather and time of year.
We cannot be held responsible for miss-matching if consignments are delivered separately, but please be assured that once the Perishable Products are properly established the grasses, flowers etc will adapt to their new environment and take on a more uniform appearance.
- What happens if you do not use the Site in accordance with these terms. You agree only to use the Site in accordance with these Terms. You agree that you will compensate us (and our employees, officers, agents and suppliers) in full for any damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees we incur that arise out of any breach by you of these Terms (including any actions you take which disrupt access to and/or the functioning of the Site) or any liability we incur as a result of the use of the Site by you and any other person that uses your account.
- Orders received for Goods not authorised for use in smoke control areas are subject to your responsibilities in understanding and complying with the Clean Air Act.
- All Goods are subject to availability (not all depots stock all Goods).
- All sizes are approximate, unless sold by weight.
- All accessories shown are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Packaging may vary to that shown.
- E.J Lancaster Ltd (trading as Lancasters Home & Garden) reserves the right to amend prices or withdraw Goods without prior notice, prior to the Contract being entered into.
- Registering an account with us. Anyone can access this Site using their web browser and internet connection. However, if you want to buy Products from the Site, you will either need to register with us and create an account or provide your details during Checkout. If you register an account with us your information will be saved, so it will be easier for you to purchase Products on future visits to the Site. Accounts can be created during the checkout process.
- Site downtime. We try to make the Site available at all times, but, of course, due to the inherent nature of online and internet based services, we cannot guarantee this.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on the Site.
- Availability of Products. All Products shown on the Site are subject to availability. Should a product purchased not be able to be supplied, we will inform you as soon as it is confirmed via the methods of contact provided to us.
- Changes to your order. If you wish to make a change to the Product you have ordered please contact us by telephone or email. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract